United Way is creating lasting change in our community.
Will you join us?
Help a father put food on the table. Help a senior stay in her home. Help a little girl meet developmental milestones her parents only dreamed were possible. United Way of Elgin and its partner agencies are changing the story for families and individuals in our community. And we need your help!
Just ONE gift to United Way of Elgin can help HUNDREDS of people in our community. Your gift, pooled with thousands of others' gifts, allows United Way of Elgin to provide hundreds of thousands of dollars in funding for community programs. In fact, last year, UWE provided nearly $700,000 in either agency funding and direct services to the community to achieve the following:
- 1,299,762 meals provided to hungry children, families and seniors
- $2.2 million tax refunds and poverty-fighting tax credits secured for struggling Elgin families and individuals
- 223 individuals received 13,417 nights of safe shelter
- 185 individuals developed employment skills and maintained employment
- 751 individuals received critical therapy services to improve their coping skills
- 4,379 children received a free book each month
- 580 children received safe, quality childcare, preschool and early intervention services; 96% reached age-appropriate developmental milestones
- 602 youth actively participated in an after-school program to help them maintain or improve their grades
.....and that's just a few examples of the work done last year, thanks to United Way of Elgin donors.
We're fighting for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. But we can't do it alone. Join us today. Click the Donate Button below to make your gift. Beacause change won’t happen without YOU.